Where creativity meets opportunity
Openfilm brings the best elements of the film industry together. With an innovative platform designed to change the process of discovering great independent film, Openfilm is dedicated to developing, marketing and distributing great works.
Our Advisory Board consists of acclaimed writers, directors, actors and producers. Openfilm Chairman, James Caan, and Advisory Board members Robert Duvall, Mark Rydell and Scott Caan will take part in competition judging, community outreach and the Openfilm Live webcam chat series.
- Get feedback, comments and distribution for your short or feature film.
- Discover new films and share them with your friends.
- Get the latest news, updates and information about Film Festivals around the world.
Whether you’re a filmmaker or a film lover, Openfilm welcomes you.
Openfilm showcases a fast growing collection of high quality, live action and animated films displayed in the highest quality available on the web. Our site provides a venue for users to watch premium content and for filmmakers to exhibit their works. Openfilm also offers members a full featured social networking forum to bolster interaction between creators and viewers. The latest industry news is also readily available in our blogs and festival sections.
- Film recommendations and reviews by Openfilm editors who strive to provide some insight into the filmmaking process and highlight the creativity of the contributors.
- Blogs sharing some sought-after production knowledge, covering an industry news item where users are welcomed to leave their comments.
- Comprehensive, modifiable database of film festivals past, present and future.
The site currently offers thousands of original short films of all genres on channels created by independent filmmakers, production studios, film festivals and film schools. A content team reviews every film uploaded to the site to ensure it meets our quality and production standards. The website’s limited amount of approved content enables the best work to shine.
Our partnerships with various third party distribution platforms will make your films available in the living rooms of millions of homes. Your work will get greater exposure and reach a larger audience.
Openfilm achieves the best user experience by presenting all films in a large, high-definition player. Our classification of content makes it easy for members to find exactly what they are looking for. Users also have the ability to browse content by film genre, such as Action or Video Art.
Here are some of the features and benefits that Openfilm offers to all viewers and content providers:
- Large, high definition video player displaying resolutions from 640x360 pixels up to full-blown HD at 1280x720.
- Prescreening, selection and custom encoding all submissions to preserve the highest possible quality.
- Submissions accepted as Internet uploads or as mail-in DVDs. Users also have private FTP access to upload their videos to the site.
- No limitations on content duration.
- Custom-made optional subtitles in English and Spanish.
- Large variety of upload file formats.
- Transcription of cast & crew information and production photos.
- Advanced search filter through main site's sections: Videos, Music, Channels, Members, Blogs, Reviews and Film Festivals.
- Custom user channel logos and flash banners for channels created by the Openfilm designers.
- Convenient features of Viewing History and Quicklist.
- All standard sharing features including Favorites and Playlists, star ratings and comments, and many others.
- Reviews, blogs and newsletters.
- Comprehensive database of film festivals.
Not only is Openfilm in close contact with many emerging filmmakers, we are also focusing much of our attention on the organizations that serve them, particularly film festivals and film schools. By working hand-in-hand with various film festivals, film and art schools, universities and other programs that support and foster creative artists, we are the ideal forum for emerging talent to be discovered by a wider audience.
If you are a representative of a film festival, film school, university or other educational program seeking international exposure for your students' work, Openfilm is your ideal partner. Our promotional plans, combined with our structured, well-financed marketing, help to assure success for dedicated content providers.